Pages

Thursday 11 November 2010

Listmania

I stumpled upon this beautiful blog, with my head in the clouds, where the girl (I presume it's a girl) has put together a collection of photography, book quotes and just general cool stuff to look at.

Iida (she's Finnish) has done two things that really caught my eye. She's put together a list of her favourite quotations from books, and done a really cool thing here where she's written down lists in one of those leather notebooks that I really want!

I am, if i say it myself, a mistress of lists. As we speak, I can see four lists papering the walls of my room, of various shapes and sizes. One of them is on a mini-whiteboard with a really cute picture of a little girl having a picnic with a rabbit, one is on the back of a letter from school, one is one some crazy French squared paper I stole off my dad, and one is on a horribly luminous pink Post-it. I do not know what I would do without my lists. I just need to write stuff down to remember it, otherwise it just gets lost in the soupy UCAS-dominated mess of my thoughts. I admit I have been know to write down things that I have already done just for the satisfaction of ticking them off. Ssssh...some may call it O.C.D-I call it organisation!


The bad thing is that recently, I have begun to forget my lists! When I wrote a list, it seemed to mark itself indellibly on my brain, like that horrible quill of Professor Umbridge's in Harry Potter, but without the blood. But now I can write a list, and forget I've made it, let alone what's on it. I blame the stress of Year 13...

To get back to my original point about with my head in the clouds, I am going to take her idea of lists, and add it to the idea of favourite book quotes to make what I hope will be a series of slightly different blog posts. I will take photos of my scrappy to-do lists as well as making new ones of my favourite things: book quotes, song lyrics,  French words, things about winter, cakes or er, socks? You name it, I will make a list about it!

So, keep your eyes peeled as my list obsession makes itself know on here. Let me know your suggestions via the Facebook Page. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I DO THAT LIST THING WHERE I'VE ALREADY DONE IT BUT WRITE IT DOWN ANYWAY SO I CAN TICK IT OFF. It's a wonderful feeling when you discover a kindred spirit :]
    I look forward to your quotes/baking/socks lists Katie! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love withe me head in the clouds :) And I make tonnes of lists too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My top things to add to lists:
    Get up
    Have breakfast
    Have shower
    Get dressed
    and then i write whatr i need to do for the day, so that i can have the satisfaction of achieving at least something that day! xx

    ReplyDelete