Pages

Thursday 10 March 2011

Juggling Act

My sister was told that to survive the International Baccalaureate, she could have two of the following: good grades, a social life and sleep. Although I have it easy by some standards-I ‘only’ do three A-levels and not the six subjects required for the I.B. - I feel caught in a constant trap.

You see, I want to find a job so that I have money to go out-and keep up - with my employed friends and their seemingly never-ending wages. However, if I get said job, I will have less time for said social life with said friends. I also need to work to save up for university. But, if I do, I will have less time to study in order to achieve the sky-high grades needed to get me there.

Catch-22?

My life at the moment is a juggling act of gigantic proportions as I attempt to squeeze in job-hunting, coursework, babysitting, copious reading, sleep, some semblance of a social life and of course, essential TV. (Glee, 90210, Big Fat Gypsy Weddings and other such high-brow programmes)

Essay crisis after essay crisis: a student’s work is never done. French verbs can never be completely learned, that coursework can always be tweaked...and revision can never start early enough. Meanwhile, that list of ‘useful extra-curricular books’ grows ever longer.

Ah well. To misquote Shakespeare, the path of an A-level student never did run smooth. It will all be worth it when I get to university... and no doubt find myself with a workload to match my debt!

No comments:

Post a Comment