Pages

Friday 1 July 2011

Free as a bird




I am back! Exams are over, summer is here and I am generally free!

The past month or so has NOT been fun:

Having made my bedroom far too messy, the power couple of revision and I took over the dining room, which is spacious-but also dark and gloomy and cold. Locked away in my study cave sporting my compulsory uniform of pyjamas or a hoodie and with my hair piled up precariously on top of my head, I came to resemble the most terrifying of beasts: the revision goblin. (Read more on this phenomenon here) This reached scary extremes when I managed to cripple my important writing hand with some sort of R.S.I. from furious scribbling, and developed back ache from being hunched over copious books.

But, six and half hours of fierce concentration later, A levels are over, seemingly as quickly as they arrived. I could technically never do an exam ever again-a wonderful prospect!

But now, what to do with my new-found freedom? I have 93 sunny, fun-filled days until university to fill with...whatver I like!

Of course, I've made a to-do list. From the mundane, (student finance applications), to the vague (watch old films); from my plans for day trips (Broadstairs, Brighton, London) to my personal aspirations (drive on a motoway, read about feminism), this list will be the basis of my diary for the next few months.

I am going to mercilessly exploit my 100 Days of Summer for blog material, so keep your eyes peeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment